|Hey all. I don’t pull all-nighters. I don’t miss the gym for any reason. I don’t skip out on four things no matter what. These four essential things help me maintain my focus and efficiency when studying 70+ hours every week in medical school. When I begin my dedicated period to study for the USMLE Step 1 exam I plan to push this number even more to around 80 hours a week.
📜 Write Up - https://www.zhighley.com/how-i-study-70-hours-a-week-and-dont-burn-out/
📸 Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/zachhighley/
🐧 Twitter - https://twitter.com/ZachHighley
Here are some of my other videos:
How I Study For Exams in Medical School
|9 Day Plan: https://youtu.be/2oXhLCAWgkI
How to use Anki like a Pro
|Med School Guide: https://youtu.be/L33_JNGid4M
My Medical School Essentials: https://youtu.be/-0buIgTtQD8
The Best Daily Workflow for Medical School: https://youtu.be/vj4lh9RCFzw
Day in The Life of a Medical Student (Vlog): https://youtu.be/gd07pRoBAcI
Medical school finals week (Vlog): https://youtu.be/j4_Zy9eb510
- Ribeiro, S., Goyal, V., Mello, C. V. & Pavlides, C. Brain gene expression during REM sleep depends on prior waking experience. Learn. Mem. 6, 500–508 (1999).
Stickgold, R. Sleep-dependent memory consolidation. Nature 437, 1272–1278 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1038/nature04286
- Wagner, U., Gais, S., Haider, H., Verleger, R. & Born, J. Sleep inspires insight. Nature 427, 352–355 (2004).
- Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker, PhD
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- Irit Wolach, Hillel Pratt. The mode of short-term memory encoding as indicated by event-related potentials in a memory scanning task with distractions. Clinical Neurophysiology 112, 186-197 (2001)
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie
Who am I:
My name is Zach. I’m a second-year medical student in Philadelphia. I make videos about medical school, entrepreneurship, and other cool things. I love trying new things and often mess up. However, every time I screw up I usually learn something. Whatever I learn I post either on YouTube or my website 🌐 (https://zhighley.com/).
I write a weekly newsletter 💌 (https://zhighley.com/newsletter/) linking the best things I read, watched, and listened to that week. Not a single person has unsubscribed from this list (yet 😬).
The Gear I Use to film videos: https://zhighley.com/resources/#_YouT…
What I’m Reading: https://zhighley.com/resources/#_Books