In this lesson, you can learn how to compare and contrast things in English. Don’t forget to compare and contrast in the comments giving your opinions!
When you compare two—or more—things, you need to talk about similarities and differences between them. This is a very global skill; it could be useful in spoken English, or in writing. It can also help you in the IELTS Speaking and IELTS Writing when they ask you to compare and contrast!
In this lesson, you’ll learn different language you can use to talk about how similar or different two things are. We’ll cover many different topics, to show you different ways to use your new language.
Learn more ways you can compare and contrast in an online English lesson: http://bit.ly/ooe-teachers.
See the full version with this lesson and text here: https://www.oxfordonlineenglish.com/compare-contrast.
1. How to Talk About Big Differences 0:45
2. How to Describe Close Similarities 3:37
3. How to Describe Small Differences 5:31
4. How to Talk About Similarities 7:16
5. Making a Longer Answer 9:27
This lesson will help you:
- Learn useful phrases when you want to contrast big differences.
- Understand how to talk about close similarities with different phrases to compare.
- Use different phrases to contrast small differences.
- Talk about minor similarities with helpful phrases to compare.
- Make your answer longer to compare and contrast in more detail.
SUBSCRIBE to continue improving your English! https://goo.gl/UUQW8j
Become an OOE member to see our newest lessons before they’re available to the public, and more! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNbeSPp8RYKmHUliYBUDizg/join
To see more free lessons like this, visit our website: https://www.oxfordonlineenglish.com/.