In this lesson, you can learn how to make and accept suggestions, using the right phrases and vocabulary. You’ll also see how to reject someone else’s suggestion politely.
Making suggestions is useful for your everyday English conversation. In social situations, being able to make, accept and reject suggestions politely is important! Practice making, accepting, and rejecting suggestions with an OOE teacher after you watch! http://bit.ly/ooe-teachers
See the full version of this lesson on our website: https://www.oxfordonlineenglish.com/making-suggestions-in-english.
How to Make and Accept Suggestions 00:54-03:34
How to Reject Suggestions Politely 03:34-05:32
How to Add Reasons to Your Rejection 05:32-07:33
Intonation in Suggestions 07:33
This lesson can help you:
- Learn useful phrases to make suggestions to someone in English.
- Understand how you can accept suggestions using common expressions.
- See how you can reject suggestions in English in a polite way.
- Get useful vocabulary and phrases to add a reason to a rejected suggestion in English.
- Have the opportunity to see these phrases used in real dialogue examples.
- Realize what different types of intonation sound like, and how you can use them when accepting or rejecting suggestions in English.
SUBSCRIBE to continue improving your English! https://goo.gl/UUQW8j
Become an OOE member to see our newest lessons before they’re available to the public, and more! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNbeSPp8RYKmHUliYBUDizg/join