In this English lesson we look at the names of clothes in English. You will see two pictures of each item of clothing and will hear the pronunciation of each word twice. This lesson is for lower-level learners of English that are learning basic vocabulary.
The list of the clothes that appear in this ESOL lesson include:
belt, bikini, blouse, boots, cap, coat, dress, gloves, hat, hoodie, jacket, jeans, overalls / dungarees, pajamas / pyjamas, panties/knickers, pants / trousers, raincoat, scarf, shirt, shoes, shorts, skirt, socks, suit, sweater / jumper, sweatpants, sweatshirt, swimming trunks, swimsuit, tie, T-shirt, underpants, uniform, vest / waistcoat.
You will notice that we also compare the difference in vocabulary between American English and British English e.g. pants vs. trousers. A flag appears next to the name that is used in that region.
See our list of clothes here: https://www.woodwardenglish.com/lesson/clothes-in-english/
See our list of more clothes and description of each item of clothing:
#Clothes #LearnEnglish #EnglishVocabulary
NOTE: Our English lessons and English language resources are for people over the age of 13.
Do you like WOODWARD ENGLISH and want to learn more and improve your English? Here are the next steps:
1) SUBSCRIBE to the WOODWARD ENGLISH channel so you know when I create new videos to help you improve your English.
Make sure you click the notifications bell so you know immediately when I upload a new English lesson.
2) JOIN Woodward English on YouTube
- Exclusive videos only for members (including bloopers and behind the scenes).
- Exclusive members only posts in our YT community tab.
- Loyalty badges next to your name in comments and live chat
- Custom emoji to use in live chat
- I’m more likely to create videos that are recommended by members
Join here: https://www.youtube.com/user/WoodwardEnglish/join
3) See our FREE ENGLISH LESSONS and language learning articles:
4) ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES
English Language Resources for Teachers and Parents. (Ideal for ESOL / ESL / ELL students or homeschool)
Each purchase helps me to continue creating more free English language resources on YouTube and the Woodward English websites.
5) LET’S CONNECT!
Have an awesome day!
- Rob Woodward